Lazy vegan hazelnut cake recipe: Sometimes you gotta be lazy :). Quite honestly, I’m always rather lazy when it comes to recipes. Or lazy is perhaps the wrong expression, but I want a good result quickly and preferably not stand too long in the kitchen. This is probably also due to my fast nature. With this cake, I am in any case übraus happy. It is a variation of my hazelnut donuts that you can find in my cookbook “Mix Dein Glück“. I can really recommend the Ebook to you if you love the fast, healthy, and simple (#lazyvegan) cuisine, like this lazy vegan hazelnut cake recipe.
Baking without egg:
Baking egg-free is easier than you think. Applesauce is here, for example, an egg substitute alterantive that I like very much. It offers itself here also each other fruit puree or also vegetable puree such as pumpkin puree or sweet potato puree. I use applesauce here as it still brings some sweetness in, can usually be found in almost every kitchen and is very neutral in taste when baking.
But you know I’m a fan of creative cooking, so don’t put any limits on your creativity :).
Baking without oil:
I don’t think you have to give up anything when baking. However, I’m a fan if you don’t need oil and can replace it with a more fully prepared qulle like nuts and seeds, for example. This brings additional nutritional value and additional joy e.g. in the form of the amino acid tryptohan :). If you do not ennst my mood food concept, it is now time to naczulsen these in one meienr two books :). Because we can influence our mood very specifically with our diet.
Your hazelnut lightning cake is:
- quick and easy to prepare
- super nutty and airy
- Serves: 6
- Serving size: 1
- Calories: 194. 2
- Fat: 8.9
- Carbohydrates: 21.3
- Sugar: 12.1
- Fiber: 3.2
- Protein: 6.1
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- I used whole hazelnuts and ground them in the blender (pulse mode)! You can otherwise also use already ground here.
- Mix dry ingredients in a bowl, stir in applesauce and milk and mix to a dough.
- Grease a loaf pan*, and pour the batter into the pan.
- Bake the cake for about 35 minutes. If you double the ingredients, the cake will take about 50 minutes.
- Make stick test. If no more dough sticks to the chopstick, the cake is ready.Let baked cake cool and serve, if necessary, decorated with a chocolate icing or chocolate cream.
** I used the Vly Barista milk. Soy works great too. I personally would recommend a protein milk as it binds better.
Have fun baking!