Easy peasy fat-free, sugar-free banana bread
wonderful to have you here. This easy peasy banana bread was my first recipe on my blog. I still love it and I’d say it’s my favorite until you will show my an other one wich could be better :). Just the picture (down below) is a bit old school, but also funny to see how I started.
Anyways I do have another picture to add and a little recipe upgrade.
This vegan, no fat or low-fat Banana Bread is one of my favorite recipes for food on the go! It is not only good for breakfast on the go, but also to store for up to one week.
Well, I’ve do admit mine is always gone after to days but once I tried to keep it longer to give this information and it was still wet inside after 5 days.
Let’s start baking. I hope you’ll love it as much as I do.
- 1 cup oat flour (you can make your own by blending up the oats for a few seconds)
- 1 cup spelt flour or again oat flour if you want it gluten-free ( the texture with one cup spelt is getting better)
- 4 large ripe bananas
- 1 cup pitted dates
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup sparkling water
- Pinch of a clove
- Preheat oven to 170-180 degrees.
- Blend all Ingredients except the baking powder until the mixture is getting soft and creamy
- Swirl the baking powder under the creamy dough
- Put the dough in an oblong silicone baking pan. Bake bread in the oven for 40-50 minutes, checking after the first 30 minutes and then every 10 minutes after that until a sharp knife or toothpick comes out of the bread without any wet mixture on it.
- When the bread is done, take out and cool.
Leave a Reply