Did you know, that pumpkin is a berry?
As long as the pumpkin season isn’t over yet, I’m going to shoot you here with pumpkin recipes :)). Pumpkin simply has too many advantages to not fully enjoy them.
You may know my love for cookie dough already. Therefore, the Pumpkin Spice cookie dough should not be missing. Especially when it has to go fast and there is no time for baking. If you still have a little more time, you can stir 1 teaspoon baking powder under the dough and fill it into donut pans to bake. The donuts don’t get very fluffy, but very tasty.
A few more “berry-strong facts”:
the tasty fruit flesh has extremely much antioxidative beta Carotin
when the pumpkin season is over – the crunchy pumpkin seeds provide us with essential fatty acids and secondary plant substances all year round
Pumpkin is a berry… uh?!
Why is pumpkin a berry now?
The berry definition says berries are berries as soon as their seeds are free in the flesh. It makes no difference whether the fruit is ‘ant-sized’ or ‘bear-sized’ :).
- 150 g Hokkaido pumpkin (raw, deseeded)
- 100 ml coconut milk, full-fat
- 6-8 dates
- 100 g almond flour
- 50 g oat flour
- 1,5 tsp pumpkin spice
- pinch of Tonka bean
- Optional for more creaminess: 1 tbs almond butter plus chocolate chips.
- cook pumpkin in your coconut milk to save the good vitamins.
- once done, place all ingredients in your blender and mix until creamy.
- stir in the chocolate chips if you like and freeze for 1 hour.
- store in the fridge for up to a week.
Happy Pumpkin Spice Cookie Dough creating!