Quick vegan lemon custard cream
Long time no see 🙂
I’m working on a new project right now, which is why I haven’t been quite as present here. I’m not quite telling you what it is yet, but you have something great to look forward to!
In the meantime, it’s finally getting a little warmer outside. It always makes me totally crave something sweet. That’s why I have a new recipe for you today. Perfect as a spring dessert, as a perfect snack, for Easter or even for a spring picnic with friends: a quick vegan lemon custard cream.
The cream is quite quick to make and super light, so it won’t be so heavy on your stomach in the invigorating spring.
Here is the recipe:
- 330 coconut yogurt
- 1 package vanilla pudding powder (or 40 g starch flour)
- 1 tablespoon erythritol or sweetener of choice
- zest of ½ organic lemon
- 1 pinch turmeric (optional)
- To serve:
- 50 g pitted Medjool dates (2 pieces)
- One Medjool date weighs 25g.
- 50 g ground nuts
- 20 g oats
- if necessary some coconut yogurt (20g should be left)
- or granola of your choice
- Don't worry, you can't taste the turmeric.
- Mix ingredients for the cream, then bring to a boil, remove from heat.
- For the granola, cut your dates. In a bowl, combine dates, nuts, and oats. Add coconut yogurt if needed. Layer with the pudding creme in 1-2 glasses (depending on hunger). Let it chill in your fridge at least for 30 min.
I’ve made the vegan lemon custard cream a few times in the last few days and just can’t get enough of it. As you know, I’m a big fan of pudding anyway, but this dessert is just another great upgrade! Have also eaten it for breakfast, with granola, or taken to friends to give them a little treat.
I think also at Easter the vegan lemon custard cream comes with us on the table. It can be perfectly decorated and its yellow color fits just perfectly. You can find a video of the cream on my Instagram channel. Still more desire for sweet desserts that you can eat well as snacks? Here I have some great sweets on my blog.
How do you like them? Are you also such a pudding fan?
Have fun trying them out!
Leave a Reply