Soul Food Curry – vegan, fruity and healthy
Hello lovely Conscious Gangsters,
Fancy some winter soul food?
I have something for you here: My Soul Food Curry – vegan, fruity and healthy.
So slowly the cold weather is really getting on your nerves, isn’t it? Usually I try to escape the cold winter and travel to warmer climates. Since it has unfortunately not worked this year – I have to be creative elsewhere 😉
And how was that better than through food? In cold weather, there is nothing better than warm soul food that not only warms the body but also the mind. One of my favorites is of course a warm curry with winter vegetables.
Perfect food for a cold day
But not only does food make the body and soul warmer in the cold winter, but also good friendships and social contacts. With a cook date, you can combine friendships and soul food perfectly 🙂
I also love pumpkin in the winter – of course, that may not be missing then in my soul food curry.
Here is the recipe:
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 onion
- 1-2 clove of garlic
- 1 small eggplant
- ¼ pumpkin (Hokkaido)
- ½ broccoli
- 1 zucchini
- ¼ pineapple
- 1 bell bell pepper
- 200 g tofu and/or tempeh
- 1 tablespoon sweet balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- chili sauce
- Spices of your choice (e.g.: paprika, coriander, pepper, ..)
- Whole grain rice of your choice
- Cook the rice with a ratio of 2:1 water and rice
- Chop the onion and garlic
- Sauté the coconut milk with garlic and onion
- After a few minutes add the eggplant, pumpkin and broccoli, cover and cook for about 10 min.
- Add bell bell pepper and pineapple and cook for 5 more min.
- Next add water if needed
- Add tofu and or tempeh to the pan
- Continue cooking until vegetables are soft
- Now add balsamic vinegar, chili sauce, curry and spices and stir well
- Serve curry with rice and top with chili sauce
What do you do during the cold days? Besides good soul food and friendships, I like to read a good book and snuggle under the covers. Add to that a good cup of tea and I’m happy as a clam.
Enjoy the recipe – what do you think? I hope you like it and it brings you back to warm thoughts! Who are you going on the cook date with?
If you need more ideas for a cook date, I can recommend my post on winter pumpkin dishes. Here you’ll find plenty of soul food dishes like the curry, so you and your friends won’t run out of ideas for cozy get-togethers 🙂
Lots of warm thoughts and bon appétit,