Today is supposed to be about “sober sensation”, meaning alcohol-free pleasure :). For me, celebrating soberly doesn’t mean giving up, but mostly much more fun, which lasts even longer.
First of all, I don’t forbid myself anything and if I feel like having a glass of wine or an aperol, I enjoy it too. For me mental health is above everything and prohibitions do not do me any good. But what usually gives me more than a glass of alcohol is a natural intoxication with Kombucha or fresh herbs. I love non-alcoholic alternatives and in the meantime these have been developed to such an extent of aroma that it does taste and feel even better! For example, I love to be “intoxicated” by the herbs in the aperitif Aperino…
For example, I really enjoy being “intoxicated” by the herbal taste of the Aperino aperitif.
APERINO INSTEAD OF APEROL
Aperino is the natural, alcohol-free aperitif in 100% organic quality – and naturally vegan. There are two varieties and both are cleverly composed of 17 herbs, fruits and spices each. I like the light bitter note, which is typical for an aperitif, and that the alcohol-free herbal creations are free of crystal sugar. I like both varieties: currant acerola has a fruity-tart taste and the curcuma-ginger variety comes with a slightly fruity, but also fine bitter and ginger note. However, because I love turmeric, the second variety is my personal favorite. The aperitif tastes extremely delicious as a mocktail or simply straight on ice. You can buy this delicious drink in health food stores or organic markets.
- 100 % organic – from organic farming
- no added granulated sugar
- without preservatives
- no artificial or nature-identical flavourings
ALCOHOL – YES OR NO?
I think everyone should handle the question of whether with or without alcohol exactly the way he or she wants to. Personally, I have often not felt quite “upper” in the past. It happened often enough that in the end I let myself be persuaded to drink and did not feel good. I think that many of us drink even though we may not want to, the feeling of belonging or the compensation of insecurities wins in the end and we still reach for a glass.
I have nothing against a glass of alcohol as long as you decide for yourself and don’t act out of insecurity. Personally, however, I don’t like to drink and usually only at weddings. Since drinking is something social, I think it is super nice that there are more and more alcohol-free alternatives. So you don’t have to miss the feeling of being there, and the motivation to drink is much lower.
APERINO – ENJOYMENT WITHOUT ALCOHOL
Those who like to drink mocktails can let off steam creatively with Aperino. My favorite creations I show you here:
DRINK 1: FIZZY SOUR GINGER HOTTIE
- 6cl Aperino curcuma-ginger
- Freshly squeezed juice of half a lemon
- 100-200 ml sparkling water
- basil leaves or cucumber strips
- 2 ginger slices
- 3 ice cubes
- Crush the basil and ginger with a spoon or mortar.
- Add the Aperino and lemon juice and shake briefly in a shaker if necessary.
- Place ice cubes in a glass, pour the Aperino mixture on top and top up with sparkling water.
- Serve decorated with basil – enjoy!
DRINK 2: SEXY SUMMER DREAM
- 6cl Aperino currant acerola
- 1 peach
- 100 – 200 ml sparkling water
- basil or mint leaves
- 3 ice cubes
- Cut the peach in half and mash it with basil. Cut the other half into small pieces.
- Fill the glass with ice cubes and add the chopped peach half. Mix the basil peach with the Aperino and also add to the glass.
- Fill up with sparkling water and serve decorated with basil – enjoy!
Even if they are actually mocktails, I have the feeling that a small, pleasant intoxication is not missing. I feel as invigorated as after a kombucha, you know what that means? If so, you know what you can look forward to here.