Vegan lasagna for your first date? Sure!!
Okeeeee Loveees, I need to freak out because this is so awesome. This lasagna turned out so good, yet it’s super easy, healthy and the perfect dish for your first date. I would say EVERY MAN 😉 can make it. Your date is definitely secured. If not and there is a risk that you should forget the lasagna in the oven, best get 3 bottles of wine in advance ;).
You have decided:
On Instagram, I have allowed a poll together with a friend and asked you guys, what your perfect date dish would be. The lasagna won, along with Suhsi. I love booooth.
Since we don’t have lasagna on my blog yet, I went for lasagna.
Let’s rock it! The recipe is healthy, vegan, gluten-free and simple. The easiest and healthiest lasagna in the world 😉 You can find a reel with the recipe on my IG channel 🙂
Lasagna Serves 2:
Since we nominated lasagna as the perfect date dish, the recipe is garlic-free. Of course, this is optional :).
- 6-8 no-boil lasagna pasta, I used pea lasagna.
- 100 g cashews, soak in hot water for min. 30min.
- 100 ml vegetable broth
- 2 tbsp yeast flakes (love the ones from Vitam or Fairment).
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 onion
- 800 g tomato sauce from a jar, chunky
- 200 g smoked tofu (love the one from Taifun)
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp. oregano or ital. herbs
- pepper and salt to taste
- 350 gr. / 1 small eggplant
- 125 gr. / 1 medium zucchini
- 100 gr. / 1medium carrot
- Optional: vegan processed cheese (have used simply V)
- Soak the cashews in hot water for at least 30 minutes, longer if you plan ahead.
- In the meantime, chop the onion and sauté in a pan in olive oil until translucent. Add the tomato sauce, add the smoked tofu, spices and simmer for 8 minutes.
- In the meantime, finely slice the vegetables.
- Put the cashews with the yeast flakes and vegetable broth in a blender and blend until creamy or puree with a magic stick.
- To layer, first cover the bottom of the lasagna dish with a thin layer of bolognese. On top, place a layer of lasagna noodles. Layer a layer of bolognese over the pasta and vegetables on top. Then the cashew sauce and another layer of noodles. Again a layer of sauce, vegetables, sauce and another layer of noodles. The noodles should be surrounded by sauce on both sides. Repeat this process until everything is used up. I finished with the bolognese and added vegan cheese on top.
- Bake in an oven preheated to 200 °C top/bottom heat for about 40 - 45 minutes.
More ideas for first date dishes, just check out the food section on my blog 🙂
Have fun trying them out!!!
Leave a Reply