This beet potato pizza with cauliflower crust is a little throwback to California where I was exploring all these amazing new vegetables, fruits and dishes. After spending 3 weeks without kitchen I finally had the chance to stay with another vegan Blogger friend of mine – @vegan2me. Hence we almost cooked every free minute and this Pizza was born :). For staying balanced we got up at 5 am doing a 1 hour power yoga class. Also Maryam showed me round her beautiful home town New Port Beach and it’s equally beautiful surrounding. It was amazing and I lost my heart over there. I know, it sounds soo cheesy, but honestly… anyone who has been there already knows pretty sure what I’m talking about :)!
Another Blogger friend, Mitra, just told me about a Beet Secret.
So PS, Mitra’s Beet Secret: “Research as shown that vegetarians have a shorter transit time since it takes lees time for the food to digest, between 24-54 hours. There’s the beet test, where you can test your own transit time by eating red beet ;). Usually those who have healthy diets have around 18-24 hours transit time. If it’s less than that, then the food is not being properly absorbed, so it’s not good either”.
- Crust: (Crust recipe from @Edgarraw with a tiny chance)
- 2 cups of shredded Cauliflower
- 4 tbsp of chia seeds
- 8 tbsp of water
- 1 cup of any glutenfree flour
- 2 tbsp of nutritional yeast
- 2 tbsp of garlic powder
- 1 tbsp of onion powder
- 1 tbsp of dried parsley
- 1 tbsp of dried basil
- Dash of salt
- 100 g of canned chickpeas, rinsed
- 1 beet, peeled and chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 white sweet potato, cooked and peeled
- 1 tbsp of lemon juice
- ½ tsp of black pepper
- ½ Avocado, sliced
- ½ cup of fresh coriander, chopped
- ½ cup of radish sprouts
- ¼ cup of shredded Cauliflower
- ½ of a zucchini, zoodled
- Black sesame seeds
- 50 g of canned chickpeas with ½ the aquafaba (about 4 tbl)
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 1 tbsp of tahini
- 1 tbsp Agave syrup
- Salt, garlic powder and pepper to taste
- Pre-heat oven, 400 degrees.
- Mix chia and water in a cup, and allow it to rest for about 10 min. In a large bowl, mix all other crust ingredients. Add the chia-mix after 10 min and knead into a ball. Allow it to rest for about 10 min. Transfer onto a baking sheet and press out the dough to make a thin crust. Bake for about 30 min. Remove from oven and allow it to cool while you prepare the rest.
- Blend all ingredients. Do not over mix.
- Mix all ingredients in a blender, pour spread in a cup and set aside.
- Spread a generous amount of pesto on crust. Add toppings.
- Drizzle spread with a spoon all over.
Did you try the Beet Potato Pizza with Cauliflower Crust?
Happy Baking! xX, Annelina