I’m back with an amazing Butternut-Persimmon-Spice Cookie recipe and I’m so excited about it. They turned out so well and as a plus-point they are even fat-free (if you choose icing option 2). Since my Buddha Bowl Book Project keeps me really busy, I’m keeping it short.
One statement: What would be Christmas without Cookies? Like no Christmas?!
This Butternut-Persimmon-Spice Cookies are perfect because they are really healthy so you can enjoy them without any regrets and still have a great Christmas dinner afterwards :).
- 100g Butternut Squash, peeled and cubed
- 100g Persimmon, ripe
- 80g chickpeas, canned
- 3 tbsp Aquafaba (chickpea brine)
- 2 tsp date syrup (or any other liquid sweetener)
- 130g Einkorn-flour
- 3 tbsp coconut sugar
- 2 tsp chai spices as (I used Sonnentor)
- Or combine cinnamon, cardamom, nutmeg, ginger spice, piment
- 1 dash of salt
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- Icing 1:
- 1 tbsp Coconut Mouse
- 1 tbsp lemon juice 1
- 1 tbsp hot water
- 1 tbsp agave syrup
- Optional, Icing 2:
- 3 tbsp aquafaba (mixed with a blender until foamy)
- 150 g agave powder
- dash of vanilla
- Whisk together all dry ingredients.
- In a blender, mix together the pumpkin, persimmon, chickpeas, date syrup and blend until smooth.
- Stir the wet into the dry ingredients until combined.
- In a stand mixer, whip the aquafaba until foamy and spoon it gently into your dough.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius (350 degrees Fahrenheit).
- Scoop level scoops of dough onto a cookie sheet, press flat.
- Bake for 20 minutes until slightly brown around the edges.
- Let them cool completely before glazing.
- Icing 1:
- Mix everything until combined.
- Place in the fridge until it thickens a bit so you can drizzle it on top.
- Icing 2:
- In a bowl, mix your whipped aquafaba, agave powder and vanilla until well combined.
- If you want your icing thicker you can add more powder.You will have leftovers which you can use for macarons. There are many recipes online.
Did you try the Butternut-Persimmon Spice Cookies?
Many Cookieees! xX, Annelina