I planned creating a fava bean brownie recipe since ages but couldn’t find the time. But finally … I did and I’m truly happy with the result. They taste delicious, are gluten-free and high in proteins without adding any powder or supplements. The beans are doing all the good work. Also they are fat-free. So you won’t have a bad conscience eating a dozen of it :).
How are you guys? Wanted to thank you all again for your entry’s into my #fwr1year party. I’ll work on your wishes for upcoming blogposts!
I’m not yet sure where to start. It might be about post-workout and pre-workout meals, my travel goals for this year or about behind the scene details.
But first, we are going to have awesome brownies :).
- 120 g white fava beans (200g cooked)
- 7- 8 tbsp oat milk (100-120 ml)
- 4 tbsp coconut sugar (60 g)
- 4 tbsp wholegrain rice flour (60 g)
- 2 tbsp raw cacao powder (30 g)
- 1 dash of salt
- ½ tsp baking powder
- Pre-heat oven to 200 ° C
- Prepare beans according to instructions on package.
- Place cooked beans and oats in a bowl and mix until well combined. Add coconut sugar, rice flour, raw cacao powder and salt. Mix again until creamy.
- Stir in backing powder and place dough into a lined baking dish.
- Bake about 20 minutes or until you can pierce the brownie cake with a fork bringing it out dry.
- Let the brownies cool down completely, then lift them out of the tray using the parchment paper. Cut into squares and enjoy!
*This Blogpost contains affiliate-links, which means that I earn a small commission if you buy a product through this Link. The price for you will stay the same as anywhere else. Thank you for helping me finance my blog. I am really grateful for your support!
Did you try the Fava Bean Brownies?
Happy Baking! xX, Annelina