The countdown is on! And it’s so very real. Only 2 days left to go.
It’s the 22nd of December, early morning and I’m here without Christmas treats, gifts or postcards. I left Berlin 1 day ago, packed all my stuff for Los Angeles and Hawaii in quite a hurry and hit the train to stay for a couple of days at my parent’s place before flying to LA. I’ve nothing planned for my further travels, have no backpack or any accommodations yet, but I did know that it would come like this so it’s all right. This is how I used to travel since I started. Be confident about what’s to come and it will all happen.
Still, I do want to get Christmas ready last minute. Therefore I went in the kitchen to my mum this morning and said, „we need to make some really quick Christmas cookies which should be refined sugar-free, not too fatty and with a good gluten-free base. I’m the luckiest person in the world to have such a wonderful mum, always helping me out.
We baked chestnut cookies, Vanillekipferl (just half-glutenfree) and Linzer Cookies.
- 300 g of pre-cooked chestnuts (Whole Organic Chestnuts, Roasted and Peeled)
- 100 g of corn starch (or any other gluten-free flour)
- 80 ml of coconut oil
- 120 ml of maple syrup
- 1 pinch of salt
- Dash of vanilla
- Preheat oven to 170° C.
- With a fork, mash the chestnuts. Add other ingredients to form a dough.
- Place dough on a parchment layered baking tray and roll out the dough evenly.
- Bake for about 15 minutes or until slightly golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and slice into preferred quarter size while still warm.
I am Sorry that I’m sharing this post just in English, but you know, I’ve to work on some Christmas Gifts 🙂 <3
If you’ve tried this last minute chestnut cookies, I’d love to hear how it went. You can drop me a line or tag me on Instagram or Facebook using #foodwithoutregrets so I’ll see it :). I wish you a Merry Christmas baking.