You have leftover potatoes but want to eat Pizza?
Alright, you could make a potato-chickpea Pizza. And if you have lots of potatoes you can also put them on top your pizza and make something like a potato chickpea crust pizza topped with grilled potatoes :). But only if you are not getting bored of potatoes.
For this pizza, I took the potatoes just for the crust. Also, because the asparagus season is starting which I wanted to celebrate on my pizza with asparagus.
Let’s get started.
- 2 fresh tomatoes, chopped or ½ can of organic chopped tomatoes, unsalted
- 1 glove of garlic
- 1-2 tsp of fresh thyme
- 3 tsp of coconut sugar
- 1 tbsp of apple vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
Potato Chickpea Crust Pizza
- 2 medium potatoes, cooked and peeled
- 1 small cup chickpea flour (about 80g)*
- ½ cup buckwheat flour or amaranth flour (about 30-40g)*
- 1 tbsp chia seeds (also works without)
- Dash of Salt
- Italian seasoning (optional)
*It also works with only chickpea flour, but it is having a stronger chickpea taste so I would only recommend it for the true chickpea lover 🙂 And you can also go for a none- gluten free variation using spelt flour or any other flour.
- 1 hand full Cherry tomatoes
- Green asparagus, chopped
- Mushrooms, sliced
- Eggplant, thinly sliced
- ½ Avocado, sliced
- 2-3 Brazil nuts
- Or any other topping you like
- For the Sauce chop garlic and fry in a little water or coconut oil for 2-3 minutes
- Add the other ingredients and cook gently for 8-10 minutes
- Preheat the oven to 250°C.
- Mash well the cooked potatoes in a bowl.
- Add other ingredients and knead well together to a dough.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Press out the dough to a pizza circle and prebake in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Take the crust out the oven, add your sauce and your toppings (except the brazil nuts).
- Bake again until your toppings are done (about 5-7 minutes).
- Grate your brazil nuts on top.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper if needed.
SHOULD YOU DECIDE TO GIVE THE Potato Chickpea Crust Pizza A TRY I’D LOVE TO HEAR HOW IT WENT! YOU CAN DROP A LINE OR POST A PICTURE ON INSTAGRAM AND TAG ME VIA @annelinawaller SO I’LL SEE IT ^.^
*This Blogpost contains affiliate-links, which means that I earn a small commission if you buy a product through this Link. The price for you will stay the same as anywhere else. Thank you for helping me finance my blog. I am really grateful for your support!