Hello my foodlovers, it was a bit quite lately but as some of you might know I’ve had a lot going on. But today I have a totally delicious recipe for you all:
vegan, light Mayonnaise,
inspired by McDougall.
The base of the mayonnaise is silken tofu. I recommend organic tofu to be on the safer side. Especially for the upcoming grill season this recipe is amazing. I was really overwhelmed how much this Mayo actually tastes like real Mayo and even better, how less time you need to prepare it.
Sidenote, I love to eat this Mayonnaise with my Detox Salad or asparagus 😉
- 300-400g silken tofu (1 package)
- lemon juice, about one half
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar, or more lemon juice
- 1-2 tbsp tamari Sauce
- 1 tbsp mustard
- 1 tbsp agave syrup or any other sweetener
- Fresh dill or salad herbs
- Optional: 1 clove garlic. minced
- Blend everything until smooth.
- Store in fridge till 2 weeks hermetically sealed.
- Enjoy the grill season :).
You can find a similar recipe on the book „Starch solution“ from Dr. John A. McDougall. I really recommend reading this book. For example with raw veggie sticks and Mayo spread.
SHOULD YOU DECIDE TO GIVE THE Mayonnaise A TRY I’D LOVE TO See what you come up with. DROP A LINE OR POST A PICTURE ON INSTAGRAM AND TAG ME VIA @annelinawaller SO I’LL SEE IT ^.^