Pumpkin Porridge for cozy autumn days 🙂
It´s about time that my beloved pumpkin porridge finds its place here :). Boring porridge has never been my thing. Vegetables must be there with pure :). My favorites are zucchini, pumpkin, carrot and cauliflower. But I have also tried it with eggplant, and beetroots. It was also delicious. However, we are on the safe side with the pumpkin version, because it is guaranteed to taste good to everyone.
So if you prepare pumpkin, always cook a little more, so you also still have a brilliant breakfast. If you don’t cook pumpkin, that’s not a problem anymore. You can buy pumpkin Puree ready or also small chopped frozen pumpkin briefly thaw and cook. Then it is just mini pieces. I myself have not yet found such a delicious pumpkin puree. The frozen pumpkin from Followfood but tastes great.
Do you know the recipe perhaps already? It was already on my Instagram in 2019.
- 50 g rolles oats
- 70 g pumpkin puree (Hokkaido)
- ½ tsp Pumpkin Spice (pumpkin spice)
- 1 tsp chia seeds or flax seeds
- 2 sukari dates, pitted
- 200 ml vegetable drink
- ½ pear (caramelized with coconut blossom sugar)
- ½ fig
- 1 tsp almond paste
- cacao nibs, pumpkin seeds
- Transfer ingredients for the porridge in a pot and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and cook the porridge on low until creamy. If necessary, add more milk if you want the pumpkin porridge more runny. In the meantime, caramelize the pears. Pour the porridge into a bowl and enjoy decorated with the toppings!
Have fun trying out the pumpkin porridge – it’s guaranteed to taste good. And when fall and pumpkin season is over, just try it with another vegetable – the possibilities are vast.