Do you like Oreos but also to eat healthily? No worries, everything is possible :). Let’s try it with Sweet Potato Oreos or however you want to call them. But don’t expect exactly the same taste like from the bought ones :). These ones remind me more of a hybrid: Oreo-Milchschnitte (German Sweet). And it tastes AMAZING. You must be careful not to eat already half of the dough ‘half-raw’.
I made them with a friend and we baked in her kitchen. So we didn’t have any baking stuff like well wood or circle cutter. That’s why they are not the perfect round. But I’m sure, you’ll make it better :).
- Peel the sweet potato, cut into small pieces and cook until it’s soft.
- Combine dry ingredients and stir.
- As soon as your sweet potato is done, combine all liquid ingredients in a different bowl and stir well.
- Mix wet into dry to form the dough.
- Preheat oven to 180º C.
- Knead dough, roll out thinly and cut flat circles using a circle cutter or a glass.
- Bake on a cookie tray with baking paper for about 15 minutes.
- Allow to cool 10 minutes before removing from the tray.
- To make the filling, place coconut mouse in a steam bath until it’s liquid.
- Remove, add some maple syrup and vanilla powder and stir well.
- Spread 1 teaspoon cream filling between two cooled cookies. Repeat with the rest.
- Store in the fridge so that the filling become hard.
You can find this Recipe is also as a Guest Post on Your Zen Life.
I hope you enjoyed the Sweet Potato Oreos!