My pizza usually looks like a veggie pie or something which isn’t 100 percent similar to a pizza. But it’s delicious, healthy and still reminds of one :). So if you want to try a gluten-free, low-fat pizza and if you also like loads of vegetables, you should try this veggie pizza with corn crust.
With this recipe, I especially love that you just throw fresh cut tomatoes and all your favourite veggies on top of the crust.
Sorry for the bad quality of these Snapchat uploads. But this is how real, “unplanned blogging kitchen experimentation” can look like :). Since you were asking for the recipe I just took the pictures I had.
- 9 g fresh yeast (one packet) – it also works with dry yeast
- 180 g corn flour
- 50 g potato starch or corn starch
- 1 dash of palm sugar – this is needed for increasing the yeast activity
- ½ tsp of salt
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- About 150 ml warm tap water
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 kg fresh tomatoes cut into eighths
- 1 courgette
- ½ eggplant
- 1 onion
- 50 g corn
- 4 brazil nuts
- Fresh rosemary
- Chilli flakes
- In a large mixing bowl combine the yeast and warm water.
- Stir it around and let sit for 5 minutes until the yeast is dissolved.
- Add other ingredients – except the salt and oil – and knead to a dough.
- If your dough is too wet, add more corn flour or add more water in case the constancy is too dry. Notice, this dough should be more liquid compared to a normal yeast dough. More like a yoghurt
- Cover your bowl and let it rest one hour.
- Once the dough has risen, add salt and olive oil (optional) and knead again.
- Divide the dough into two thin crusts on two lined pizza pans.
- Bake the crust in an un-preheated oven on 180°C for 15 minutes.
- Prepare your favourite toppings and place on your pre-baked crust.
- Place your tomatoes first and cover with sliced courgette, eggplant, corn, onion and rosemary.
- Bake Pizza again on 250°C for 20 minutes or until your veggies are slightly brown.
- Grate brazil nuts on top and Enjoy!
You may also like my potato crust recipe!
Did you try the Veggie Pizza with Corn Crust?
Have a lovely Day! xX