Hi foodlovers, it’s been pretty long since my last blog post. But if you follow me on snapchat or Instagram you may know that it were some truly exciting weeks for me, finishing my Master Thesis on “Social Media and food trends referring to plant-based nutrition”. But the most exciting time is still ahead because I’m planning to travel and afterwards looking for a job. I would be happy about any tips. I thought of booking a flight to California soon.
Made this chickpea-banana bread a while ago and I’m so happy to finally share it with you.
All I want to say is: When you make a banana bread, which you eat in one day, you made everything right :).
- 100 g oats
- 50 g whole grain rice flour
- 120 g chickpeas, cooked
- 4 ripe bananas, peeled
- 5-10 pitted dates
- ½ tsp vanilla powder
- 4 tsp cacao powder
- 200 ml of sparkling water
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 170-180 degrees.
- Blend your ingredients, except the cacao powder, until the mixture is getting soft and creamy.
- Spoon half the bread mixture in an oblong silicone baking pan.
- Mix remaining dough with your cacao powder.
- Fill the cacao dough on top the first half.
- With a knife or fork go through the dough several times.
- Bake in the oven for 40-50 minutes, checking after the first 30 minutes and then again every 10 minutes until a fork or toothpick comes out of the bread without any wet mixture on it.
- When bread is done, let it cool out in the form before turning it out.
- Enjoy it with some almond butter or simply like it is.
If using chickpeas of a can, you can save the water for making yummy dressings or my oil free Hasselback Potatoes.
Did you try the chickpea-banana bread?