If you want to make a vegan cheese cream, you have to add something fatty. I promise, i tried it without but it won’t get cheesy. The more fat you add, the cheesier it gets but also, the heavier. I figured this one out as the perfect cheesy not to fatty cheese sauce. You’ll still fell good afterwards and that’s what counts for me.
Making a vegan cheese sauce is actually super easy and it wont take long if you have pre-cooked potatoes. You might keep this in mind next time when cooking your potatoes to set one aside.
I love this cheesy cheese sauce especially on pasta, lasagne, rice quinoa and asparagus :).
- 1 potato
- 1 large onion
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 200 ml veggie stock broth
- 5 tbs Cashew Butter
- 2 tbs nutritional yeast
- ½ tsp curcuma powder
- 300 ml oat mylk or any nut milk
- 1 tsp mustard
- 1 tsp potato starch or corn starch (Mondamin)
- Dissolve potato or corn starch in 2 tbs cold water. Set aside.
- Peel and chop potato, onion, and garlic cloves.
- In a pot, bring veggie stock to a boil and add chopped potato, onion and garlic.
- Cook until tender and add cashew butter, nutritional yeast, curcuma powder, mustard and your preferred milk.
- Simmer for a view more minutes then turn the stove off.
- Give the sauce a nice blend with a hand blender until smooth.
- Bring to a boil and sprinkle corn starch mixture directly into the boiling sauce. It binds after about 1 minute. Remove from the stove.
- If the sauce thickens too much, add a little more milk.
- Serve with Ravioli or Pasta.