Do you count yourself as a bread or sandwich lover but want to keep it light? Then try this absolutely refreshing quinoa mango spread.
My latest obsession for all my sandwich’s, corn crackers or even as a veggie dip – Quinoa Mango Spread! And since I’ve found fresh turmeric in Germany, there is nothing working without anymore. If you aren’t on board yet, feel free to jump on and join me :). This recipe works totally fine without turmeric too (in case you don’t want to join). It’s just another upgrade which I love!
Also, Mango is really rare in some regions and seasons. If you don’t want to use a whole mango in your spread, you can also just take ½ plus one date to substitute the sweetness.
My 4 favorite top reasons to make this quinoa mango spread:
- complete proteins
- no fat
- easy to make
- 50 g Quinoa, white
- 1 Mango, peeled (or ½ mango plus 1 date)
- 1 tsp mustard
- 1 slice fresh turmeric or 1 tsp powder
- Juice of one lemon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Rinse the quinoa under water until clear in a fine mesh strainer. Cook for 15 minutes. Turn off heat and let sit, covered, for 5 minutes.
- Toss all the ingredients in a food processor or blender and mix well until creamy.
- Place in fridge in an air proof glass until 5 days.
- Enjoy with bread, crackers, veggie sticks.
Please let me now if you like this recipe! I’m always happy about your opinions, comments and shares here or Instagram and Facebook.
[…] Mango-Spread: […]