These healthy flourless sweet potato peanut fitness muffins are an easy, delicious and no mess recipe! Since this recipe is made with date paste, I like to mash everything with a fork in times I’m too lazy for cleaning my blender. You can get the date paste at any veggie booth or online. In case you are a proud owner of a blender and no date paste, you can go for the whole dates as you natural sweetener.
This muffin dough is also super delicious before you actually bake the muffins. Just the dough. So if you want to go for the unbaked version, you can simply skip the natron plus baking powder. Mash everything in a bowl and cool before serving. I like to prepare this kind of batter recipe right before I workout. When I’m back, I can take it out the fridge and enjoy this peanutty protein rich batter bowl. For the fat-free version, I use mylk instead of coconut mylk. So there are no limits, you can get creative :): cleaning lazy :).
- 250 g sweet potato, steamed and peeled
- 100 g peanut flour
- 80 g date paste
- 70 ml coconut milk (can be replaced with cashew milk for the fat-free version)
- 4 tbs cacao nibs
- 1 pinch of salt
- ½ tsp natron
- ½ tsp baking powder
- Optional: pomegranate seeds
- In a blender or with a fork, mix your sweet potato, peanut flour, date paste, coconut milk and a pinch of salt until well combined. Add the cacao nibs, natron, baking powder and pomegranate seeds if you like. Divide batter evenly among silicone baking cups or greased muffin tins.
- Bake at 375° for 35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool before removing from muffin tins.
I get my peanut flour, the cacao nibs, and dates from Koro Drogerie. In case of an order, you can use “Annelina” to get 5% off. The protein flour is the best I’ve tried so far. It provides 50g protein and is simply defatted through cold oil pressing. I love to add it to my Smoothies, oatmeal, bakings, and sauces.