I honestly don’t know, why I waited so long to bring you this recipe. I created it one year ago, made it on a cooking show at the Paleo Convention in Berlin and shared it with several friends. So I’d say it’s on me to say: shame on me :)…
This Creamy Ceasar Cashew Sauce or Dressing is super simple to make and if you prepared the cashews, means you put them in a jar with water to soak them overnight, it takes you only 5 minutes.
I actually add this sauce to all my dishes and use it as a “pretty cool and healthy fast food always having in the fridge” sauce. So either I have this Cashew Sauce or my silken tofu mayonnaise premade in my fridge.
As using it for a Salad Dressing it finally made some of my veggie denier friends eating salads.
Eating veggies, salad, legumes or grains with this whole food, oil-free, GUILT FREE, Creamy Cashew Caesar Sauce brings my dishes to another level. So if you know anyone who is not a veggie or salad fan yet, feel free to share this recipe <3.
- 1 cup of Cashews (soaked in water overnight)
- ¼ cup Tamari Sauce or Soy Sauce
- ½ cup vinegar (apple vinegar or white balsamic)
- ½ cup of dates
- 1 cup of water
- 1 tsp nutritional yeast
- If you like some upgrades you can add garlic powder and use lemon juice instead of vinegar.
- Transfer all ingredients in a blender.
- Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Store Dressing in an airproof container as a bottle up to 1 week.
- Tweak lemon juice, garlic powder, and salt to taste.