This gluten-free protein bread with tomato and zucchini is packed with nutrients and is super moist. I like to enjoy it with nut butter or some vegan bread spreads.
Somehow, the bread turned out to be pretty low-carb per accident, high in protein on purpose and gluten-free because of your requests :). I tried to keep it as simple as possible by using just a few ingredients. Still, you might not have all of those flour in stock. Anyways I’d say, it’s worth to get them :).
Some secret essential ingredients:
- Psyllium Husks – read more about the benefits here
And just in case you forgot about the benefits of fiber, here is a quick reminder for you.
Fiber is great for a healthier Gut Bacteria means a big plus for our digestion. This helps to avoid craving, makes us keeping the weight or even shred some pounds (in case there are too many). Also, they are an all natural detox to flush out our toxics.
- Soy flakes – from foodspring are 100% organic soy and grown and harvested on a small family farm at Lake Constance. They are perfect for muscle building as they provide 53% protein, 21% fiber, and 9% carbs.
These little soy flakes are a real powerhouse. I use them for pretty much everything, where I use or could use rolled oats too. Means I have them in smoothies, mueslis, pancakes, bread, cookies or other bakings.
- Tiger nuts
Are and an incredible source of fiber and unsaturated fatty acids. Besides their wonderful nutrients, they taste amazing.
- Veggie Chips – from Foodspring are super crunchy, nutritious, handy and without any additives.
I love to snack them, have them on my salads or use them for bakings.
- Preheat oven to 170° C.
- Whip Aquafaba until stiff. Gently stir in psyllium husks, flour, soy flakes, tiger nuts
- Add veggie chips, baking powder and lukewarm water to form a dough.
- The mixture thickens pretty fast and should have the consistency of a thick pie dough.
- Transfer dough on a bread tray and bake for 1 hour.
- Remove from oven, turn over and bake from the other side 30 more minutes.
- Let cool before serving and enjoy
withalmond butter or your favorite spreads.
In case of an order at foodspring, make sure to use ‘annelinaFSG’ to get 15% discount at checkout.