Zucchini Oatmeal (Zoats) is a great way to smuggle in veggies into your morning meal. This dish can be enjoyed raw or heated. If you prefer raw food, you can use a self-made nut mylk or water like I usually do. In this case, I tried the new quinoa- rice mylk from provamel. Because of her natural sweetness, you might not need any extra sweetener.
I layered the shredded zucchini on the bottom but usually you meal should look slightly green. Don’t let that put you off, or take a yellow zucchini :)!
- 1 cup (raw*) oats soaked overnight either in 1 cup water together with dates or plant-based
- 1 freshly shredded apple
- ½ freshly shredded zucchini
- 1 tsp flax seeds or chia soaked with your oats
- 1 small, spotted banana
- ½ cup berries, defrosted or fresh
- Cinnamon or other spices
Toppings of your choice:
- I used dried sour cherries, banana
chipsand dried rose leaves
- Place oats, water or
mylk, flax seeds in a bowl and soak overnight or minimum one hour. Add some chopped, dried dates if using water.
- After soaking, stir in your freshly shredded zucchini,
- Top with your fruits and favorite topping.
- Enjoy and have a good day!
* I use a grain mill to make my oats and keep the raw quality !
SHOULD YOU DECIDE TO GIVE THE Zoats A TRY I’D LOVE TO See what you come up with. DROP A LINE OR POST A PICTURE ON INSTAGRAM AND TAG ME SO I’LL SEE IT ^.^.
*This Blogpost contains affiliate links, which means that I earn a small commission if you buy a product through this Link. The price for you will stay the same as anywhere else. Thank you for helping me finance my blog. I am really grateful for your support!