Crispy on the outside, soft and tender on the inside. These spicy gluten-free peanut cauliflower wings are my go-to when friends are coming over. Everybody loves them and you always get the thumbs up and faces smiling :). I like to play around with flavors, kinds of butter and the fat source. Feel free to find your favs too. But no worries, in case you aren’t as excited as I am to play around a bit, I’ll bring you a couple more wings :). I have two more recipes in the pipeline.
Usually, wings are fried. But I see no need for it. They come just as good when we bake them and are way healthier and easier on the waist-line.
- 1 medium cauliflower
- For the batter::
- 80 ml veggie broth
- 50 g potato starch (or any starch)
- 50 g corn flour
- ½ tsp garlic
- ⅛ tsp turmeric
- For the peanut wings coat:
- 2 tbs peanut butter, smooth
- 40 ml water
- 1 tsp coconut sugar
- 2 tsp curry powder, spicy
- Opt. ⅛ tsp turmeric powder
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Cut the cauliflower into bite-size florets.
- Combine ingredients for the first coat and whisk well until you get a batter.
- Dip each floret into the batter and coat evenly.
- Shake off excess and place on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the peanut butter wings sauce:
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl.
- Toss the baked florets in the sauce, 1 or 2 pieces at a time.
- Place back on the baking sheet.
- Bake for another 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve with my favourite simple and fat-free vegan mayo or any dip you like.
- Keep the Buffalo cauliflower wings in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Did you try the Spicy Gluten-free Peanut Cauliflower Wings?
In case you did, I’d love your feedback on those. Drop me a comment or tag me on Instagram so I can repost you!
They look so crispy! I love cauliflower wings. Yours look super tasty my dear. 🙂
Oh thank you so much Ela! Cauliflower Wings are so brilliant to eat and make. Real comfy food.