You’ve asked me many many times and now I am proud to present to you the chocolate dream. But now you have to deal with it, meaning the consequences of the “omg, actually I’ve already had enough, but it tastes so good” thoughts.
Of course this cake has some hidden veggies á la Annelina inside. Smuggeling a few carrots into this recipe, will make it super soft and moist – and we are filling up our resources of beta carotinoids as well. These substances are transformed into vitamin A in our body. In addition to nutritional values, they also support a beautiful brown skin color – of course, this amount is not enough.
But I have to say that the carrots also make the cake a bit more compact and less fluffy. I love that, but not everyone likes it. If you belong to team fluffy-fluff type, this cake might not be perfect for you. You could try adding oil if you like or transform it into a brownie recipe by filling it in a square shaped baking tin and filling it up to brownie height.
Recipe of my vegan carrot chocolate cake:
- Serves: 40
- Serving size: 12
- Calories: 166,8
- Fat: 5,1
- Carbohydrates: 27,4
- Sugar: 13,9
- Sodium: 12,9
- Protein: 5,1
- 1 cup spelt flour oder gluten free flour
- ½ cup chocolate drops, deoiled
- 1 cup grated carrots (1 Tasse)
- 1 cup dates
- 450 ml soy or hemp milk
- 1 cup dark chocolate
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1pinch of salt
- optional: ½ cup chocolate drops (Xylit sweetened)
- Preheat the oven to 200* C.
- Combine dates, milk, apple cider vinegar, baking powder and chocolate in your blender and mix until creamy. If your blender is not powerful enough, melt the chocolate and mix it into the dough.
- Combine all other ingredients in a big bowl and mix with the liquid chocolate.
- Fill into oiled baking tin and decorate with chocolate drops.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Serve warm or cold.
If you tried this carrot chocolate cake recipe, please let me know how you liked it. You can tag me on Instagram or drop me a line here. For more healthy chocolate dreams, you can also try out my zucchini brownies.