I’m not such a big fan of Pasta like my boyfriend but in case I’ve some, I definitely need an amazing veggie sauce. And this one is absolutely aammaaazing and as always, super simple, easy and quick to make.
I added a bit crunchy peanut butter.* This is no need but a great flavour explosion :). And the sauce is still low-fat. Actually, this sauce works for everything. You can use it as a sauce for your vegetables, lasagne or other pasta dishes like ravioli.
*(With the code “fwr10” you can get 10% off of your whole order).
In case you simply choose pasta, just go for your favourite or try mine which is:
Wholegrain spelt linguine or farfalle from Alnatura…
Or gluten free corn spaghetti from Schnitzer.
I think I tried nearly every brand of corn pasta which you can get in and around Germany and this one is absolutely the best and unfortunately also the most expensive one :). So in case you are a good eater you should truly think about whether you buy this pasta or not. But if you really want to treat yourself, then go and grab this pasta :). I’m sure you won’t regret it.
- 200 ml plant milk (I used soy milk)
- 200 ml water
- 2-3 tsp crunchy peanut butter
- 2-3 tsp veggie stock
- 2 tsp starch flour
- ½ courgette
- ½ leek, sliced
- 1 clove of garlic, chopped
- 1 cup of peas (100g)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 300 g noodles
- Steam garlic and leek in water or coconut oil in a pan for about 5 minutes
- Cook the pasta following pack instructions
- Meanwhile, blend your other ingredients, water,milk,courgette,veggie stock, starch flour, and peanut butter until smooth. I use a blender but hand blender works well too
- Stir into your pan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until leek is nearly done
- Add the peas and simmer for 2 minutes
- Drain the pasta and toss through the sauce
- Serve in bowls topped with parsley if you like
Should you decide to give the green veggie sauce pasta a try I’d love to hear how it went! Write me a comment or post a picture on Instagram and tag me or use #food_without_regrets so I’ll see it ^.^
*this post contains an affiliate link, which means that I earn a small commission if you purchase products through that link. The price for you is the same as anywhere else. Thank you for helping me finance my blog. I really appreciate your support!