I’ve so many recipes which I want to share with you and so many things going on, that I don’t know where to start. So gonna give you this super simple pink and raw cauliflower rice recipe the first because it is, super simple (sorry for saying it again but I’m so focussed on simple things 🙂 ) and awesome timesaving.
My next will be with cauliflower too, any guesses yet? It’s my most famous one right now, had it for New Year’s Eve and got many requests from some of you guys.
Let’s start with the main ingredient Cauliflower and it’s wonderful benefits:
Cauliflower is named as “the healthiest food of the world” but honestly, nearly every veggie have had this mark of honour once in his history-life.
But still, we want to dive deeper to the great benefits of this cauliflower recipe (based on a large-scale study).
My favourite first:
- It’s a major antioxidant source for us which means, it protects us from free radicals and this is amazing! Free radicals are destroying our skin, and our skin turns into a raisin. Means, Antioxidants are a great anti-aging source and also lower the risks of getting cancer!
- The Purple Veggies are providing way more antioxidants. Sooo gonna get those.
- !! Aka purple, check out Xenia’s and mine #antioxidantsglow campaign on IG and help to spread the message!!
- Due to its vitamins (as Vitamin C and K) cauliflower is able to produce collagen which makes our bones truly happy. Hence, it’s protecting our bones, makes them stronger and improves bone health in general.
There are many more health benefits but I don’t want to overdo it because less is more right? We wouldn’t keep everything in mind anyways.
Let’s start cauliflowering! And if you have any leftovers, you can make my cauliflower pizza!
- 1 small cauliflower (pink or white)
- 4-6 stripes of beet
- Juice of 1 lemon
- ½ Avocado
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- Sprouts, Edamame beans, spring onions, avocado
- Break your cauliflower into small florets. If you like to, trim out the inner core.
- Place all your ingredients into a food processor or mixer. Start adding half of your cauliflower, pulse. Transfer your other half into your food processor and pulse again until you’ve your desired rice-size. If necessary, process in two batches.
- Fill your rice into a bowl.
- Some pieces might be larger, pulse those again.
- Serve the rice with your favourite toppings and ENJOOYY!
You also can cook your cauliflower. It will make it more rice-like but also loses some of it great benefits. 5 minutes will be enough for your cooked cauliflower rice.
And there is another option: FREEEZE it and keep your RAW cauliflower until 3 months in an airtight container in your freezer.
Have you tried this cauliflower rice recipe?