Summer rolls are my favourite food for a great lunch or dinner with friends. You just have to chop some veggies, soak rice or glass noodles and fry some tofu or whatever you like. Make a yummy nummy delicious sauce and place everything on your table. Et voilà nobody can be unsatisfied because everybody can just choose what suits him the best. Also, it’s such a great allergic friendly food without soy (if you skip the tofu 😉 ), gluten or histamine dangers :). And there is always a vegan option, in case you are invited.
The dip or sauce is really essential for this recipe. I always make the same. Click NOW SAUCE for my favourite one. Now to the filling, and of course this is just an option. Be creative :)!
- About 10 rice paper (22cm diameter)
- 2 carrots, shavings
- 1 small salad, roughly torn
- ½ cucumber, shavings
- ¼ bunch mint leaves
- ¼ bunch cilantro leaves
- 1 cup sprouts
- ½ cup peanuts, chopped if you like, or roast
- 1 cup radish sliced
- ½ avocado
- 100 g soaked (ready to eat) brown rice noodles
- Optional: mini asparagus (raw), and 200g tofu, fried with soy sauce and coconut sugar
- Prepare your sauce
- Fill a large bowl with warm tap water
- Dip the rice paper wrapper into the water for several seconds making sure to get both sides soft
- Lay on a flat surface
- In the centre, layer your filling ingredients, be careful not to overfill
- Roll up the rice paper halfway, then fold two sides of the rice sheet inward while continuing to roll.
- Repeat for the rest
- Serve with your dipping sauce
- If you have any leftover veggies, enjoy them with the dipping sauce
Should you decide to give the summer rolls a try I’d love to hear how it went! Write me a comment or post a picture on Instagram and tag me or use #food_without_regrets so I’ll see it ^.^