Even though I think that making one or the other “exception” at Christmas is definitely okay, I love healthy Christmas baking. The healthy and gluten-free cranberry cookies are also great for the after-Christmas season or simply as cookies for in between. Due to the gluten-free version, they already have a very healthy taste. If you don’t like this so much, you can replace the buckwheat flour/rice flour with spelt flour. Since the cookies do come without refined sugar and oil, you still can write HEALTHY in capital letters :).
- 1 cup (100 g) oat flour (blend 100 g of oats to flour)
- ½ cup (80 g) rice flour (buckwheat works too)
- ½ cup (120 g) almond butter or any nut butter (
- ½ cup (90 g) date sugar
- 2 flax eggs (2 tablespoons ground flax + 6 tablespoons water, whisked together, set for 10 minutes)
- ½ cup (40 g) cranberries
- ½ tsp natron
- pinch of vanilla and salt
- Coconut Glazing Drizzle:
- 6 tbsp coconut mousse*
- 6 tbsp lemon juice
- Optional: Xylit if you like it sweet
- In a large mixing bowl mix the flour, date sugar, salt, nut butter, flax egg, vanilla
andbaking soda. Knead to a dough. The dough may be slightly crumbly. If it is too crumbly, add 1-2 tablespoons of plant-milk or water. Knead in the Cranberries. Form the dough into a roll on a dusted work surface. Cut into 20 equal slices. Form the slices into cookies.
- In the meantime, preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Bake for 12 minutes until the edges are golden yellow. Take them out of the oven and let them cool for 5 minutes.
- Heat the coconut in a water bath or directly in a pot. Add lemon juice and sweetener if necessary. Stir and sprinkle over the cookies. The glaze hardens as soon as it cools.
Have you started baking yet or wanna try those healthy and gluten-free cranberry cookies? In case you are super last minute, here’s another recipe for you. It is also healthy, gluten-free and free of refined sugar. Don’t worry, it still has a taste :).
Feel free to tag me if you have tried a recipe. I love hearing your feedback.
Thanks a lot!
*Affiliate Links: Some of my links are affiliates, meaning, at no additional costs to you, I will earn a small commission if you purchase through the links. Thank you for supporting my blog!