Hellooo beauty, how are things in the bakery :)? Ever since I posted this apple strudel on Instagram, I’ve been getting your wonderful apple strudel pictures on a regular basis. Thanks a lot for that. I am always very happy when my recipes inspire you.
Vegan apple strudel is a super simple dessert and brings back such beautiful childhood memories. With the help of vegan puff pastry, this strudel can be prepared in no time. Perfect for family visits or to bring to party’s when you need something fast. You can get vegan puff pastry at basically every supermarket and discounter, by the way. Just look for the vegan label on the packaging. I buy mine at Denn’s because it has the best ingredients.
The apple strudel tastes great warm or cold and can be modified with chopped almonds, poppy seeds, raisins and the like as desired. I prefer it puristically and like to add vanilla sauce or a scoop of ice cream.
- 1 organic puff pastry (vegan)
- 2 large apples, cored, quartered and sliced
- 6-8 dates, chopped
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
- Xylit powdered sugar or normal one to serve.
- Preheat the oven to 190C/170C Fan/Gas. Line a baking tray with baking parchment.
- Mix the apples with the cinnamon and dates.
- Pile the filling along the length of the pastry.
- Make slits in dough, (see video), and criss-cross cut slits over filling (see image).
- Tuck the ends in.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until golden-brown.
- Leave to cool to room temperature and dust with Xylit powder.
If you want more of these recipes, let me know. Either here in the comment function, or on Instagram.