GRANOLA – THE AMERICAN CRUNCHY CEREAL
Are you also a granola lover? Like a real true lover? Granola is actually a healthy option to crunchy muesli since it doesn’t contain industrial sugar or other high-calorie industrial products. It’s meant to be used for breakfast, but for me, it’s an all-day snack :). That’s how I define a true granola lover.
- When I come home and look for a quick snack, I go for granola.
- If I want something sweet with my Matcha at noon, it’s Granola.
- And when I eat yogurt (soy), granola goes on top ;).
By eating this much granola, it need’s to be healthy for sure. The ones you can buy are just addictive, I tested it again and again ;). The reason is the industrial sugar, which really annoys our insulin level and then asks for more. We can prevent that simply by skipping the sugar.
With this poppy seed chocolate granola recipe I also act a little bit like an addict, but it’s much better.
- 2 cups (150 g) of rolled multigrain
- 1 cup (60 g) sliced cashews
- 2 tbsp (20 g) poppy seeds
- 2 tbsp (20 g) chocolate powder
- ¼ cup (100 g) maple syrup
- 2 tbs ( 30 g) coconut butter
- Preheat the oven to 180 °C and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, toss the rolled multigrain with the cashews, poppy seeds and chocolate powder.
- In a small saucepan, melt the coconut butter in the maple syrup, then add try ingredients and stir until coated.
- Spread the granola on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake the granola in the center of the oven for about 20 minutes. Let the granola cool completely in the oven, stirring occasionally, before serving.
- The granola can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 weeks.
The poppy seed chocolate Granola is just slightly sweetened. Feel free to add more sweetener.
Oh Annelina I love your recipe! It’s so simple and sounds and looks super yummy + crunchy! I’ve always been a BIG granola lover, but haven’t made it in a while. I need to make some soon, thank you for the inspiration <3
Oh Tina thank you so much. So glad we share this passion. It’s such a good and easy treat. I’m sure yours will be incredible! <3
I really like granola and yours looks so delicious! Love how easy this recipe is.
Lots of love, Ela
thank you so much Ela! Yees I like to use as less as possible. Sending love!