Especially in recent years, the positive benefits of cannabidiol and the use of CBD oil have become more and more popular. If you are now shocked that you read a post about drugs on my blog, I can literally “calm you down”. Just read to the end and trust in #nodrugsneeded!
Is CBD oil a drug?
Cannabidiol, also known as CBD is a component of cannabis plants. Unlike THC (also a component of this plant), it is not psychoactive, meaning that it does not cause euphoria and is not addictive. The difference between hemp and marijuana is the amount of THC (hemp contains less than 0.3% and marijuana has more).
What is CBD oil good for?
Cannabidiol binds to cannabinoid receptors in our brain. Thus it influences many signaling pathways that regulate, for example, joy, concentration, appetite, pain, and activity. CDB assumable has anti-inflammatory effects in the brain, making it discussed as a treatment option for many diseases and CBD is scientifically well-proven, especially for some forms of epilepsy. Studies also show a positive effect on anxiety, sleep, and concentration. Unlike THC, it has no intoxicating effects and does not cause a “high”. It is also not addictive, but may probably even support addiction therapy (e.g. opioids).
Is CBD oil a harmless miracle cure though?
Of course, like everything in life, the effect is highly individual. The side effects observed are rather harmless (mainly fatigue, diarrhea, altered appetite, and weight development). But it is always advisable to be careful with yourself and the effect and to discuss it in advance with your doctor. The CBD oil helps me to relax especially in the evening.
What should you look for in CBD oil?
What surprised me during my research is the different quality of the CBD oils on offer. A study shows that the CBD and THC content in the oil often does not correspond to that on the label. Consequently, the oils may be ineffective due to low CBD doses or have stronger side effects than expected due to high THC content. So please inform yourself carefully before deciding which product you choose. There are certainly many good oils on the market. I have chosen the product of Hanfgeflüster. One of the two founders (Niklas) had strong migraine attacks that have been relieved with CBD oil from abroad. Because of this he and a friend decided to start a local and sustainable CBD brand themselves. The market is growing at over 60% per year and CBD is becoming interesting for an even broader target group.
- Exclusively full-spectrum CBD products (all ingredients of the hemp plant are contained in the product), THC (the psychoactive agent) is present, but less than 0.2% (legal limit)
- hemp is cultivated in Bavaria without the use of pesticides
- CBD oil is produced and bottled in Rheinland Pfalz
- CBD oil has three components: full-spectrum CBD extract, hemp oil, and MCT oil
- Organic farming and German production
- – The product comes in recycled packaging and is shipped emission-free with DHL GoGreen
- – With your purchase, you support sustainable projects in Europe which will receive 10% of the profit.
With my code AW15 – you get a 15% discount if you purchase online, and a 20% discount if you purchase products of more than 50 euros total.
Have you ever tried CBD oil? If so, what are your experiences? I am curious about what you report!
- Bioorg Med Chem. 2015 Apr 1;23(7):1377-85. doi: 10.1016/j.bmc.2015.01.059. Epub 2015 Feb 7.
Cannabidiol (CBD) and its analogs: a review of their effects on inflammation.
- Devinsky, O., Nabbout, R., Miller, I., Laux, L., Zolnowska, M., Wright, S., Roberts, C., 2019. Long‐term cannabidiol treatment in patients with Dravet syndrome: An open‐label extension trial. Epilepsia 60, 294–302. https://doi.org/10.1111/epi.14628
- Neuropharmacology. 2017 Oct;125:220-230. doi: 10.1016/j.neuropharm.2017.07.024. Epub 2017 Jul 25.
Cannabidiol disrupts the consolidation of specific and generalized fear memories via dorsal hippocampus CB1 and CB2 receptors.
Stern CAJ1, da Silva TR2, Raymundi AM2, de Souza CP2, Hiroaki-Sato VA2, Kato L2, Guimarães FS3, Andreatini R2, Takahashi RN4, Bertoglio LJ4.
- Translational Investigation of the Therapeutic Potential of Cannabidiol (CBD): Toward a New Age José A. Crippa1,2*, Francisco S. Guimarães 2,3, Alline C. Campos 2,3 and Antonio W. Zuardi 1,2