Let’s face it, whether it’s American or German version – we all love cheesecake, don’t we? Here’s a greener version of my favorite dessert, it’s the healthy Cheescake Tarte but vegan and gluten-free.
*In green cooperation with the green juice!
Helloo Cheesecake friends! Let’s face it, whether it’s an American or German version – we all love cheesecake, don’t we? When I started eating vegan over six years ago, the cheesecake was the first cake I really missed. That’s why I had to create a healthy and vegan alternative to traditional cheesecake. If you dont know my first version, you can check it out here – a crust free cheesecake recipe.
I love my cheesecake recipe, but you know me – the greener the better – that’s why I like THIS version of healthy cheesecake even better! Because in this recipe there is an extra portion of green and hence a lot of good nutritional values. Of course, you don’t have to exaggerate, 2-3 teaspoons of green powder are enough to make cheesecake even healthier.
WHAT MAKES THIS CHEESECAKE SO HEALTHY?
Less fat, less sugar, and less processed ingredients are combined with more plants, more proteins and, most importantly, an extra portion of healthy greens :).
Green Juice is the ultimate blend of our mother nature’s finest organic superfoods :). That’s how our dear mommy simply feeds us a large part of our daily nutritional needs.
Why I’m a Green Juice fan
For a long time, I have wanted to make a Juice Cleanse with my own juices. Although I am self-employed, I can manage my working hours flexibly and deal with food on a daily basis, I still don’t manage to make my own juices. Maybe my priorities aren’t strong enough yet. However, until that changes, I use Green Juice. It’s the perfect juice substitute for me because it tastes good, is made with only natural ingredients and is quick to prepare. You don’t even need a blender. Just a glass, water and a spoon. Or a protein shaker.
I usually take it with me to my Co-Working Space and drink it there mixed with water before my first meal. Sometimes I mix it in my bowl or like here in the desert to smuggle in healthy greens to my beloved ones :)).
I used to swallow algae as capsules because algae are one of the few things I don’t like (except Wakame and algae salad). Fortunately, Green Juice makes the taste disappear completely and thus promotes my digestion and my better sleep. I am especially happy to take it with me to Bali. When I travel it is often a bit difficult with my usual diet.
GO GREEN JUICE
You can either dissolve 1 teaspoon (5 grams) in your smoothies, juices or simply a glass of spring water and drink. Or, if you think you have favorite people who could eat a little healthier, smuggle extra green into cakes and desserts and spoil them for example with this healthy Cheesecake. They won’t even notice that there are so many healthy greens in it.
- For the crust:
- 180 g oat flakes
- 1 ripe banana
- 130 g coconut flakes
- 100 g rice syrup
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- For the cheesecake filling:
- 400 g silk tofu
- 100 g cashew
- juice and zest of 1 organic lemon
- 3 tbsp rice syrup or sweetness of your choice
- 2 pinch of guar gum
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2-3 tsp Green Juice
- Preheat oven to 175 degrees.
- Transfer rolled oats and coconut flakes into a blender and mix to flour.
- Add the remaining ingredients for the crust and continue to mix until it's doughy. If you don't have a high-speed blender, take a bowl, mash the banana with a fork and knead all ingredients into a dough.
- Press the dough evenly into a round silicone mould. Raise the edge about 2 cm.
- Bake the base at 175 degrees for 15 minutes or until it begins to brown slightly.
- In the meantime, pour all the ingredients for the filling into a blender and blend until creamy. As soon as the crust is baked, remove from the oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- Remove the crust from the silicone mould (if necessary, invert) and pour the filling into the base.
- Place your cheescake tarte in the fridge for an hour and serve cold, decorated with coconut flakes, cocoa nibs, and chocolate shavings.
Did you try this more healthy cheesecake?
If you like, link me @annelinawaller to Instagram and use the hashtag #annelinawaller and/or #MixDeinGlück.
Leave a Reply