This bowl looks way more complicated than it is. And because it’s so easy to prepare, it’s also one of my absolute favorite bowls. Of course, I vary here depending on the season and time of the day. Those who like raw food and tofu will love this protein-rich bowl. If you don’t like tofu, no worries I got you covered with Tempeh, which is easier to digest for most people. Steamed vegetables also go well with it.
In order for you to vary your bowls diligently, I have intended to share a few more Bowl recipes on my blog. If you have my book, you’re probably already a pro at putting together your own bowl. If not, you can look forward to a few recipes on my blog and become a pro :).
Tofu or Tempeh?
Tofu is a real source of protein and is made from coagulated soy milk. It has a slight taste of its own which you can easily whitewash with a delicious marinade. I also like tofu unroasted, but most people eat it fried. It also tastes well in sauces, desserts, and barbecues. When I am on the go, I snack smoked tofu or Mediterranean tofu directly from the pack. You too, or is that such a #annelinaweirdo?
Tempeh is also a real protein bomb and is obtained from the raw product, the soybeans. The soybeans get a mushroom cure so that a solid mass is formed. The soybeans are exposed to this cure for approx. 2 days, then they are fermented and very digestible. I have to admit, I like Tempeh a lot more. However, it is usually a little more expensive and not quite so easy to get.
Tempeh has more calories and more protein than tofu. For 200 grams there is about 150 kcal and for tofu about 80 kcal.
If you’re concerned about soy, you’re welcome to read my article about it.
Video of the Protein-rich Chickpea Tofu Bowl with Zoodles
You can also visit my Instagram where I have made a video of the Bowl.
- 1 tofu, natural
- 1 glass of chickpeas, organic
- ½ cucumber
- ½ courgette
- 1 handful of salad
- tofu marinade:
- 2,5 tbs tamari or soy sauce
- 1 tbs coconut milk
- 1 tbs harissa powder
- 4 tbs coconut milk
- 2 tbs tamari or Soy sauce
- ½ tbs harissa
- 3 tbs water
- sprouts, strawberries, coriander, hemp seeds, black sesame seeds
- Cut the tofu into cubes and add to the marinade in the tin.
- Close the can with a lid and shake well until the tofu is marinated on all sides.
- Brown the tofu in a non-stick pan. Use 1 tbsp coconut milk if necessary.
- In the meantime, wash the salad, spiral the cucumber and courgettes.
- Transfer the raw vegetables into 1-2 bowls.
- Mix the ingredients for the dressing in a bowl.
- Drain and wash the chickpeas and add to the salad.
- Remove the tofu from the heat and add to the salad. Serve with the dressing and toppings.
Leave a Reply