The last course of my vegan Christmas menu, the chestnut cinnamon cream, is almost fast food. We just have to press power once on the Mixer and the dessert is ready. The chestnut cinnamon cream belongs to every winter for me, but especially to Christmas.
Do you also think that cinnamon belongs to Christmas? Well I mean, cinnamon does always have a go, but in winter it’s a MUST :). Studies also show that it is one of the most Christmasy smells 🙂 or a spice that everyone associates with Christmas. Chestnuts are another winter-go for me. So why not combine the two favorites? Chestnuts are a nut, a hard-shelled seed of the chestnut tree.
- high-quality protein
- less fat than nuts
- important minerals and trace elements (potassium, calcium, phosphorus, sulfur, iron, magnesium, copper, manganese)
- Vitamins E, C, and all B vitamins as well as provitamin A
By the way, chestnuts also do a lot for our health. I have created an overview here:
Chestnut and health:
- They strengthen the nerves – due to vitamin B and phosphorus.
- They make you happy – due to the essential amino acid tryptophan
- They break down the excess acid in the body – due to basic micronutrients
- They help with varicose veins and vein problems – due to the bioflavonoid rutin
The cream can also be prepared well in advance. Simply pour into small glasses and freeze. It’s awesome since you are always prepared for a surprise visit :).
- 400 g chestnuts (vacuum packed)
- 200 ml coconut milk
- 2 bananas, ripe
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tbsp cocoa nibs
- To serve:
- 1 handful pomegranate seeds
- if necessary 1 banana plus cocoa nibs
- blend the peeled bananas, chestnuts, coconut milk, and cinnamon.
- Using a plate scraper, scrape the cream out of the blender and place in a bowl. Stir in the cocoa nibs.
- For the Christmas decoration, make small patterns with cookie cutters. Press them against the glass of the serving glasses.
- Divide the cream into 4 portions and pour into the small glasses. Serve with more cocoa nibs and pomegranate seeds.
In case you haven’t seen the starter and main yet, you can both here. Happy Holidays!