Easy Baked Cabbage with Tomato
Today, I have a simple and delicious cabbage recipe for you, which I love for being so easy to prepare in advance. I often cut cabbage in the evening, bake it while having dinner and then eat cabbage the next day or the day after. It’ saves a lot of time. Together with the cabbage, I usually bake a few potatoes (just put the whole washed ones in the oven as they are) or Hasselbacks. When things have to go fast, the baked vegetables are also super yummy cold, with salad sauce, hummus, and nutritional yeast flakes.
I am a big fan of my vegetable box because it saves me a lot of food shopping time and forces me to be creative :). So, for example, with this recipe. After my fourth veggie box during the cabbage season, I suddenly had six in the fridge. The thing was also, that I hardly haven’t been at home, therefore, my kitchen time was pretty short during this time. Having 6 cabbages in stock … – a good recipe for storing in the refrigerator but ready to eat was absolutely essential. I could not do Cole slaw in large quantities anymore since my stomach complained. So into the oven with it, I thought, I did, and I loved.
You’re welcome to play around here for a bit. Since I’ve been making all my cabbage like this lately, this is just my standard recipe, where I occasionally modify the spices. It shouldn’t get boring tho :=).
- ½ cabbage
- 2 large tomatoes
- 2 large onions
- 2,5 tbsp soy sauce
- 100 ml oat milk
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp Harissa powder*
- Optional: 1 tsp of mustard
- season with pepper and nutritional yeast.
- Preheat the oven to 180° C.
- Cut the cabbage lengthwise into fine strips.
- Halve the onions and cut them into rings.
- Massage the cabbage and place in a casserole dish mixed with the onions.
- Wash the tomatoes, remove the stalk, dice them and cover the cabbage with them.
- Mix the ingredients for the marinade in a measuring cup and pour them evenly over the vegetables.
- Bake the vegetables at 200° C top and bottom heat for about 35 minutes or until done.
Serve with nutritional yeast and pepper. I like to eat the roasted cabbage with potatoes. These can be baked in the oven together with the cabbage.
Depending on the quality/ intensity of the Harissa powder, this can be varied. Harissa paste can also be used.