Cheesecake is already one of my favorites, I must say. I also associate a certain nostalgia with it, because this cake was available at every birthday party or on special occasions. But I have never understood why the whole cheesecake was called that. When I was first told about it, I was also really shocked. Who puts cheese into a cake, I asked myself. It didn’t make sense to me at all. In this blog post, you’ll get to know my personal cheesecake story, and I’ll share an amazing recipe with you – the protein cheesecake.
IS THERE REALLY CHEESE IN THE CAKE?
But the history of cheesecake goes way back. Back when cheesecake was invented, the curd was officially classified as cheese, because curd is a preliminary stage of mature cheese.
You can imagine how big the drama was when I went vegan and thought I had to cross cheesecake off my dietary list…haha fun aside, it wasn’t like that of course. As you know, I made a conscious decision – without any drama!
NOT WITHOUT MY CHEESECAKE!
Of course, I tried a vegan version of a cheesecake pretty fast. With this protein cheesecake, the cheese and nostalgia are back. And even more protein-rich and healthier than the original. The third plus point: it’s not a guilty pleasure anymore!
- Serves: 4
- Serving size: 4
- Calories: 280,2
- Fat: 12
- Carbohydrates: 16,6
- Sugar: 4,2
- Fiber: 1,9
- Protein: 22,5
- small springform pan Ø16 cm
- 100 g vegan cream cheese (optional vegan Skyr)
- 400 g silken tofu
- 2 tbs vanilla *Protein powder from Vivo
- 2 tsp xylitol
- Juice and peel of half an organic lemon
- 50 g almonds, ground
- 50 g oat flour, (oat flakes ground in a mixer)
- 40 g yogurt
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 2 tsp xylitol
- 2 tbs cream cheese or Skyr
- 1 squeeze of lemon juice
- ½ tsp Xylitol
- Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)
- For the Filling:
- Put all ingredients in a blender and mix until creamy.
- Preheat oven on 180°.
- For the base:
- Mix the ingredients together and knead into a dough.
- Grease the springform pan and press the dough into the form. Make a rim of about 3 cm.
- Pour the cream onto the base. Bake the cheesecake for about 30 minutes or until it turns slightly golden.
- After baking let it cool down completely. Mix the 3 ingredients for the topping and spread evenly on the cake. Serve decorated with berries if desired.
Use my code ANNELINA10 to get 10% discount on your first purchase at *Vivo.
Are you also such a cheesecake lover and have perhaps even tried this recipe? If you have, feel free to let me know here or on Instagram. I am always very happy for feedback.