To create gluten-free, healthy and vegan thumbprint cookies is not so easy, I thought to myself. But with this recipe I have proven myself wrong 🙂 Even if my Christmas bakery is not too strict and I use coconut oil for example, my health standards are also quite high here 🙂 But ho ho ho, here we gooo, this traditional recipe is also in a healthy vegan variant super well done – at least that’s how I feel. When choosing the jam filling you can let your creativity run wild, because the main thing is that it tastes a little fruity. For me there is nothing like raspberry jam.
If you are on a gluten-free diet and want to avoid expensive flours, oatmeal is always a good choice. Because you can always produce it yourself quite easily. What do you need? All you have to do is buy gluten-free oatmeal, put it in a mixer and chop it until you have flour. Easy! I don’t eat gluten-free, but I do pay attention to a gluten-free diet. In my book Mix dein Glück you will find many tips on the topic of “gluten-free baking”. In a detailed list I explain which flours you can replace and how. You can get my book in German in bookstores on request or you can order it on Amazon – if you feel like learning German. But of course, you can also find an English version as an ebook right here. Happy Baking!
VEGAN THUMBPRINT COOKIES – THE RECIPE
- Serves: 20 mins
- Serving size: 28
- Calories: 51
- Fat: 3,2
- Saturated fat: 2,4
- Carbohydrates: 4
- Sugar: 0,3
- Sodium: 0,8
- Fiber: 1
- Protein: 2,4
- 100 g oat flour (oat flakes ground in a mixer)
- 100 g almond flour
- 80 g xylitol
- 2 linseed eggs (2 tbsp. linseed, 6 tbsp. water, stir and allow to swell for 10 minutes)
- 70 g coconut oil
- 1 pinch of salt
- Sugar-free jam
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Mix the ingredients to a dough.
- Form the dough into a long roll. Cut the roll of dough into slices about 1 cm thick and shape each slice into small balls. Press a depression into the balls with your thumb.
- Fill the holes with 1 teaspoon jam.
- Bake for about 10 minutes. The cookies are still soft when they come out of the oven.
- Let them cool down for a few minutes and sprinkle with refined sugar-free powdered sugar.
Btw, you can find a funny “behind the scenes” video on Youtube!
Now, of course, I am curious what you will say about my healthy Christmas baking. If you have tried my vegan thumbprint cookies, you can comment here or share your creation on Instagram and tag me.