These simple and very chocolatey zucchini brownies taste like (healthy) chocolate heaven! Happy you that they are vegan, gluten-free and oil-free. Of course, you won’t taste the zucchini!
As you may know, I love to hide vegetables in my sweet dishes. It started with zucchini oats and eventually moved on to cauliflower overnight oats, beetroot porridge and so on. I find zucchinis especially perfect for baking, as they are very tasteless and give the whole thing a juicy texture.
These brownies are baked super fast like almost all my recipes and a great healthy last-minute solution. Only for baking, we have to allow some time for the dates and maybe for soaking them. Depending on which mixer we use. Optionally you can also keep date paste in stock, it lasts super long and can save you the soaking time. You can even get it packed in a shop, for example at an oriental grocery store.
WHY I LOVE THEM ♥
- They are so super juicy and without any oil
- An extra portion of vegetables
- They are refined sugar-free. Using dates as a sweetener even brings a nutrient bonus (These brownies aren’t really sweet. In case you like it sweeter, I’d recommend adding some coconut sugar or more dates to the recipe.)
Healthy Zucchini Brownies – vegan, glutenfree and oil-free
- Serves: 12
- Serving size: 12
- Calories: 141,5
- Fat: 3,9 g
- Trans fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 24,7 g
- Sugar: 13,9
- Sodium: 14,1 mg
- Fiber: 3,9
- Protein: 4,3
- Cholesterol: 0
- dry ingredients:
- 180 g zucchini, shredded
- 100 g oat flour (blended oats)
- 70 g almonds, grated
- 40 g cacao powder
- wet ingredients (to blend):
- 250 g soft dates
- 250 ml plant mylk
- 2 tsp flax seeds
- 2 tsp lemon juice or apple cider vinegar
- ½ tsp natron
- pinch of salt
- combine shredded zucchini, oat flour, and cacao in a bowl.
- Mix dates, plant mylk, lemon juice, natron and pinch of salt in a mixer until creamy. In case you do not have a high-speed blender, I'd recommend soaking your dates in the plant mylk for 1 at least hour (better overnight) to get them really soft.
add 2 more tbs of date sweetener aka date sugar for more sweetenes
Have you tested the zucchini brownies or perhaps a modified form? I am happy to hear from you. Here on Instagram.